Hi Reception students!

Welcome to Week 2! I hope that those of you who are learning from home have some time to participate in your music tasks. Our Week 2 tasks are all Singing tasks:

The first task is a fun one if you love making things, or if you already have a puppet or toy that you can help to sing! Design and make your own puppet using recyclable materials that you have at home, or get a favourite puppet or toy. Here is a video to give you some sock puppet ideas:

Then, have a sing-a-long with your puppet/toy. If you want to use more than one puppet, give them different voices. One might sing really high, one might sing really low. Have fun!

Task 2 asks you to learn the words to the second verse of the Australian National Anthem. We sing the first verse at assembly sometimes, and we often hear the first verse sung at sporting events and other special occasions. But, there is also another verse that we often don’t sing! See if you can learn it off by heart. Here are the lyrics:

Australian National Anthem | Australian national anthem, Teacher ...

And here is some music to sing along to:

The third task for this week is to learn to sing, and to do the Auslan (sign language) to a song called Lean on Me. I’m hoping to create a multiframe video of this song, made up of as many Victor Harbor R-7 School students and staff as I can! If you learn to sing and/or sign this song, then please go to the Flipgrid link below and record yourself. Then, I can include your recording in the multiframe video that I’m creating.

Here is the Lean on Me song for you to learn:

If you would like to be included in my video, then please record yourself singing along with this video. It will be really important that you are wearing headphones and singing along in time with this video. By wearing headphones, you will make sure that you only record your voice, not the music from the video. Then, I’ll be able to edit your audio and video into my multiframe video project.

To upload a video of yourself singing Lean on Me, or to share with me a photo or video of anything else you’ve been doing from the Music Choice Board, please go to this link:

Reception Flipgrid (password: VHreceptionmusic)

Any questions about anything, please comment on this post and I’ll get back to you.

Happy music making!

Mrs Britton 🙂

Australian Curriculum Links

Reception-Year 2 Achievement Standard:

By the end of Year 2, students communicate about the music they listen to, make and perform and where and why people make music.

Students improvise, compose, arrange and perform music. They demonstrate aural skills by staying in tune and keeping in time when they sing and play.